Thursday, April 12, 2007

Explanation of some folders in the ipod

after mounting the ipod and going to MY COMPUTER and opening the ipod many files might me be there some are more important than others here is what I figured out:


ipod_control : is the main folder that has all the music and videos (i think). it is a hidden folder.

Photos: is where all the photos and there information is saved. U can backup this folder and return it after you reformat your ipod or so and you will get the photos back to your ipod. this is especially helpful since most programs out there will not help with that.

calender, contact and notes folders: I have never used there options in the ipod so I never see anything in them but my guess is they would have the calender and contact info.

All the rest that you see on the pic are folders that were moved to the ipod and not part of the ipod system.

No comments: