Sunday, June 17, 2007

I want to play the songs on my ipod wihout iTunes

So Today I found myself in a delema. I have my ipod with 3400 songs but it wont play on my Bose speakers for ipod. I guess this is due to a little fishing accedent in which the ipod ended up under water. Yet the Funny thing is the ipod works fine with the Fm car transmitter. Now I am in the middle of no where and I will be here for at least a week. No apple stores anywhere around to go and try to get my ipod fixed. oh yeah did i forget to say that i just installed a new harddrive on my laptop and dont have my itunes library :D. BUT I WANT TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC.
I remmber having a program that you would install on your ipod and then enable the ipod as a hard disk and just run it off of the ipod and it will let you play any music on your ipod. So i googled 'listening to music from your ipod' and i got more than i asked for. I got ran into a website that listed couple of applications that can do what I wanted and more. Some of these application can actually do what I was doing in my last post, and they are cross platform, the one that I thought was worth mentioning is Floola I have not tried it yet but it looks quite promissing and I wounder which one will be better it or igadget that I have used before.
In any case the main problem with Floola with my problem is I wanted a the software that I install on my ipod not computer and it would run right off my ipod so I can easily play music on any pc around and not have to install the software on each PC i want to play the music on. So i Found the software I was looking for and it is called Sharepod.
1- you download the zip file
2- you unzip the file and you will endup with a folder called 'SharePod'
3- you move the folder to you mounted ipod
4- you double click on 'SharePod.exe' to run the software onto your.
***NOTE*** if you recieve an error it means you dont have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. so install it and you will be all good after that.
5- double click on any of the songs to play.
This is the only software I have found thatplays ipod music and instals right on the ipod itself. I can already see the limitations it has, such as not being able to search for music by rating etc.. I guess it just works as your ipod does. I will invistigate it more and post later about this along with Floola.


No comments: